A People Of Assurance
Passage: 1 John 1:5–2:6
- What stood out to you in the sermon today?
- What is the difference between insurance and assurance?
- What is required of us in Confession? Why are these two things both so important?
- Who does John tell us our fellowship is with? How does this impact how a think about worship as the gathered Church and worship as we scatter throughout the week?
- How does it impact your life knowing that if you are a Christian it is because of God’s calling you out of darkness to himself?
- Why do we often not feel assured of our faith? Do you ever feel unassured in your faith?
- What is the only clear guide for us to follow God and not walk in darkness? What are ways we struggle to do this?
- Why is sin a big deal? Is there any sin too great for God to forgive?
- Where is our assurance to found? What does it mean that Jesus is our Advocate and that he is our propitiation?
- How would you live differently if you thought about this on a regular basis?